Monday 20th September 'Audition Day'

Monday 20th September 


This was audition day for ‘The Witches’, I wasn’t as nervous as I have been in previous auditions and was instead quite excited. I believe this is because I have already been through a few auditions for Kelly and therefore knew what to do and what was expected from me. So, to prepare for this audition I researched some slap stick comedy scenes from differing TV programmes and other media. I learnt that the key to this type of comedy is timing and that’s what I needed to focus on to make sure my partner and I succeeded. I took this idea of timing and used it in conjunction with the stage directions provided in the script. I added notes; like every time I did an action, I would then know to say a line, which I think made it flow more. On the day I went through what I wanted to happen with my partner, and we proceeded to the audition. I wasn’t very happy with how the audition actually went it went, as my partner didn’t really know his lines and I didn’t really know how to respond to that. However, I understand why this could’ve happened as it was his first audition. I really understood how he could freeze up because I did the same thing in my first audition. I know that next time he’ll do better and I’ll help him however I can. 

I did get the part though! 



Comments

Popular Posts