Audition for 'Blister' in 'Remote'

 

For my audition I looked at how I thought the character would be played. I see ‘Blister’ as a messed up, aggressive kid who has been through a lot. Due to this he is a very angry person, and you really see this from the moment he kills the dog. I feel like that is a big part of who he is, as it would take a lot to kill something like a dog. Which I feel is just messed up, no matter the reason. For our audition we had to do a self-tape. For my interpretation of ‘Blister’ I played him as full of aggression and I think I did it well. It took me a few goes to really get into character as being that aggressive is not my natural state. I was trying to get into that state of mind, that I don’t care, and I am a mentally unstable individual. Everything else I found to be quite easy such as setting up and knowing what to do, as I have done this before. Last year I had to do a lot of self-taping in the lockdowns due to coronavirus.  During the filming I thought I improved after a few takes, I realised I wasn’t doing as well as I could, so I kept going. I kept improving, though I did make sure not to do it too many times as I did not want to get too into my own head over it.  I even took breaks to make sure I wasn’t over working myself.  I thought I did my interpretation really well as a thug, who actually could get what he wanted and wasn’t scared of anyone. That’s how I interpreted the character but as I look back maybe that’s not how they wanted it portrayed. However hopefully I did a good job of my own interpretation of the character.

Comments

Popular Posts