Little Women Week Three

Candidate Declaration - I confirm that the attached portfolio is all my own workThis week we kept swapping between casts, with Kelly having more one on one session with us. However, if she wasn't with us, we would be making sure we were doing something productive, like going through scenes with my cast or helping Geoffrey and Eliot with ‘The Last Resort’. Being able to go through my scenes as one of the surfer dudes in ‘The Last Resort’ was a nice break, as it is quite a fun and silly role. When we did get our time with Kelly, we ran through a lot of the second half of the play. Which is quite a large chunk of work, and this is where ‘Laurie’ changes the most. Throughout we see ‘Laurie’ developing into a cheeky character, mostly towards ‘Jo’, but we then also see his confession is love to ‘Jo’, which is promptly turned down and sends ‘Laurie’ storming off to Europe. We were practicing the scene did where ‘Laurie’ finds out that ‘Jo’ had been writing a book, this scene was very big and important, and we spent quite a lot of time getting it right. My ‘Jo’ was out the room at this point, so I worked with Emie for this scene. In this scene we worked it where ‘Laurie’ would run in and take the paper off of ‘Jo’ and they would fight over it for a while. It is during this we see Laurie’s’ newfound cheek, he says he has a secret of his own and he will tell his to her when she reveals hers to him. This scene really plays really well into the dynamic of ‘Jo’ and ‘Laurie’s’ relationship, as you can tell they are best friends, and it shows so well in this scene. After this I had a scene with Kadie, who is in cast two, Joe and I worked with her on the scene, where I tell her ‘Marmee’ is coming back as my grandfather had sent for her. Working with all these different ‘Jo’s’ was fun, as it gave me ideas and showed me the difference in people’s performances. As well as this it helped me to think of different ways to perform the scene, to make it better. Following on from this we my ‘Jo’, Millie, came back and I showed her how I performed those scenes with the other actors, so we then ran through them ourselves. As for the rest of the week we just kept running though these scenes and then ran through some of act one as well, just to keep it fresh in our heads. 



Comments

Popular Posts